Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Visit me at QWAC



More Earrings!
I hardly ever make stud earrings, but when a few new ideas came to mind I couldn't resist creating them. In the first photo you can see the pieces after I have fabricated them. I used copper and sterling silver as the base and post and then I used a patina on the surface of the copper. You can also see the holes that I drilled to place the strands of beads and ball chain. I finished them all today (as of five minutes ago). I might be making cufflinks before the QWAC, but seeing as that is only four days away that might not happen.
Tonight I start teaching at George Brown College which I am really exciting about. I will be teaching a Jewellery Design class - the students will be learning how to create workshop drawings. I haven't gotten nervous yet, that will only happen the exact moment I open my mouth to start teaching. Well then, I hope to see you all at the Queen West Art Crawl this weekend. Be sure to come and visit me!

No comments:

Post a Comment