Thursday, May 10, 2012

Interchangeable Rings

I am super excited about my upcoming participation in the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition, so I will be updating more frequently leading up to the event in July with the work I will be making.  My picture taking skills are getting better, but I hope that a glimpse at these works gets you excited to see it in person at the show!

The rings in this post have been in the making for a while.  I had the enamel components made a couple of months ago.  They were all fabricated using a copper base and copper wire for the cloisonné.  As you can see in the first image I set the enamel pieces onto sterling silver bases that have a magnet in the bottom of the form.  Just this afternoon I finished creating the two rings that are the vessels for the interchangeable enamel components.  I am giddy with excitement over their completion.  It is extremely satisfying letting the magnets snap into place - an experience that must be felt to be understood (or possibly just all in my head!)

Here you can see the magnets set in the bottom center of the enamel pieces.
The front of the Flower set.  Cloisonné Enamel on Copper and set in sterling silver.
Flower Ring, hand fabricated in sterling silver

Flower ring worn "bare."  You can see the magnet set in the center.






Food set.





Yummy... spaghetti and meatballs.



Save the best for last - chocolate cake, Mmm


No comments:

Post a Comment